eauto
eauto, the car guy
Experience:  15 plus years of automotive experience
6149662

I need some guidance on the 2009 Porsche 911 Carrera S on

Hello: I need some guidance on the 2009 Porsche 911 Carrera S on the Used Car Evaluation Report
JA: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to go over that information regarding your Porsche 911 Carrera. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?
Customer: After the evaluation test, we are still seeing C150 and C152 The mechanic does not know how to address the above codes and asked me to contact the Porsche Dealer I want know if the above codes are serious issues and what would it cost to get this repaired.
Customer: replied 28 days ago.
I am still in the process of contacting the dealer on Monday for additional details on this error codes. The current mechanic is asking me to leverage the cost of this repair in my negotiations with the Seller. But he cannot put a $$$ number to the repair.
Appreciate any help and advice.

Hi . Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer.

C150: Control unit communication engine electronics

This code is usually just an annoyance that gets thrown with low voltage (weak battery). How old is your battery?

C152 (Airbag module) "Communication PSM control unit (drive)

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
According to the Seller the battery was replaced last year 2016.
Customer: replied 28 days ago.
What about the C152 - Communication PSM Control Unit (Drive) error code?
Customer: replied 28 days ago.
Is it an Airbag issue code or Stability /Traction Control?

air bag issue..and its not cut and dry its a loss or lack of communication...did he try and reset to see if the come back?

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
he tried to Manually Overide the Codes , but these two codes are still showing up. He has no explanation and asked me to contact the Porsche Dealer. Do you know the cost of this repair which I can leverage to negotiate with the Seller or this is another annoying error since the car is 2009 model. It has 40K miles.

its a mystery something like this can easily run 1500 dollars depends on the extent of damage...i would suggest cutting a deal with the seller if he has the dealer repair the issue and if it has a clean bill of health..to many unknowns at this point

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
The Seller is not willing to negotiate any further. Is it worth the risk of purchasing this car and fix it on my own....? If this does not seem like a big ticket repair item then I am willing to move forward with the deal. Just trying to assess my Risk and wanted to hear from the Experts. If it is too many unknowns, what do you need from me to diagnose this issue and provide your expert opinion. I can understand if you dont have any further value-add to this question.

It would need a couple hours of diagnosis at minimum but likley its a air bag module failure which is about a $1000 to fix

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
If I do the 40K miles Servicing , which the dealer is charging $3000/= , will this be covered in that servicing or will this be a separate charge for air-bag module failure. The Spark Plugs and Brake Fluid needs to be changed too...which are covered in the Servicing cost. So it additional $3K or $4K from my pocket after the purchase? Appreciate your final response as I have to decide by tomorrow to move forward with the deal or Walk away.....it's killing us as this is our first time Porsche vehicle purchase.
Customer: replied 28 days ago.
Any last responses or thoughts or advise ?

that would be a seperate charge

They would charge a seperate diagnostic fee and repair fee to diagnose and do any repairs.. It may be wiser to spend a little money and buy a certified preowned with a warranty... A porshe can be expensive to own and maintain unless you perform maintenance yourself.. Its not like owning a Honda...Everything is expensive from regular service to brakes and tires... I would not suggest buying a used Hi end car without the dealer doing a full evaluation prior to purchase...spending a few hundred on a pre purchase check up can save you thousand in head aches..if the seller refuses i would walk