Porsche

Porsche repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Thanks for your assistance, I did say in the 1st set of

questions that I'd already tried...
Thanks for your assistance, I did say in the 1st set of questions that I'd already tried the fuse box trick with nothing happening at all. As for the lighter socket, I've got several adapters but aren't those wires a bit light? I also asked what the next thing to check would be; ie; fuses and or circuit breakers. If so, where, what, and how? Thanks, ***** *****
9/17/2017
Matt, Engineer - BEng Hons

I've answered on the other question Andy

Matt, the last part of the question was that beymd charging thru the lighter socket, with a cell phme adapter, spliced to the charger, what, if any fuses and cicuit brakers could be suspect? Thanks, Andy

Hello Andy

I've replied on the other post

Matt, I've decided to go straight to the trunk e-cable, having no luck from the cabin. My smart charger gives me a reversed polarity light when plugged into the ltr socket. And I don't know if I should have the key on acv
The link to the e-cable is great, but it looks to be on the left side. All of the information I've got says that it's on the right.???
Also, my cmcerns of elect. damage are that when I first plugged in my lith-im jump pack into the lghtr socket, all the dash display began to flutter, and I removed the pack when. I tried it again, nothing at all. Couldn't do the fuse panel. My big jump box was in the trunk.

Hello Andy

It can move around from car to car

Porsche were a bit hap-hazard in where they placed it, all the information I have show it on the LH / driver side arch but I too have seen it on the RHS on some cars

and its worth checking up behind the front bumper as sometimes owners move the cable location to make it more accessible

the fluttering lights could well mean the battery is damaged as it sounds like a short

Ok, what I understand at this point is a. The 3yr old battery went titsup, after being off the charger for 2 mos. The cat is since deceaced. b. The attempted jump thru the socket finished it, and it's become one big short, preventing me from jumping the trunk open thru the fuse box. c. Job one is to get the trunk open, test and replace the battery. And I can possibly access the release cable thru either marker light. Do you concur?
Oh yeah. If accessing the cableis just too difficult, then, d. Identify an independant shop, and call AAA.

you have it exactly right

Matt, Engineer - BEng Hons