Porsche

Porsche Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Porsche

My 944 (1990) starter does not respond to the ignition key…

Customer Question
my 944 (1990) starter does...
my 944 (1990) starter does not respond to the ignition key in the start position
Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Porsche
9/15/2017
Porsche Mechanic: Jake, Automotive Technician replied 5 months ago
Jake
Jake, Automotive Technician

Hey there, thanks for the question.

Do you have power on the black/red wire at the solenoid with key in start position?

I can't answer that bu everything works but the sarter
I thing we should end this with the money back guarantee
suggesting a phone call and $20 more just isn't comfortable
shjouldn't take long to answer that one
i am signing off and will challenge the charge when it shows on my card if I don't hear something in five minutes

I don't need a phone call, my apologies. I am jumping back and forth between customers and this site sends those requests automatically! ignore them.

I understand everything works but the starter, but before we just condemn the starter we need to make certain there is power to the solenoid form the ignition switch otherwise it won't crank.

i guess you stepped away, if you would prefer a refund instead of chatting let me know and I can send it to customer service. If not i am happy to work with you until we resolve it.

Sebastian Vizcarra
Sebastian Vizcarra
Sebastian Vizcarra, Porsche Meister Tech