Porsche

Porsche repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

The tiptonic is blinking, 986 from 2003, nothing, just

Customer Question
Hi, the tiptonic is...

Hi, the tiptonic is blinking

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Porsche?

986 from 2003

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Just bought it

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Porsche
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
9/9/2017
Porsche Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 11 months ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question.

The tiptronic light blinking means that the tiptronic control module has detected a fault in the tiptronic transmission system and will require being scanned with a Porsche scan tool to retrieve the fault codes. Possible causes range from incorrect gear ratio, control module failure, wiring short or open circuit, solenoid or pressure switch

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.If not, at this time please RATE the answer.

Please remember to rate service using the separate rating page. Thank you

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.