Porsche

Porsche repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Jan, what do you think about a 2015 boxster s with 50k

miles? Is it going...
Jan, what do you think about a 2015 boxster s with 50k miles? Is it going to need a lot of maintenance
9/7/2017
Jake
Jake, Automotive Technician
Hey there, thanks for the question.Do you k ow much about the car? Was it tracked much? Or just a commuter?
Houston texas car, one owner, clear Carfax. It is a Porsche cpo. New tires on back, fronts ok. Good looker. I was more concerned about repairs required going forward that are not covered by the extended warranty. Brake pads, rotors. What can I expect with this car. I plan to take it easy. Seems like a commuter. Don't know about tracking, but it doesn't seem so.
I saw pictures of it when it first came in and it was good. They have spent time and money on the exterior and interior. TLC went a long way with a car that seems to have been well cared for.
Dealer is West Side Porsche in Houston
What do you think first and maybe we can talk. Personal experience with Boxster S 2015?
You can ignore those phone call requests, the site sends the
Automatically sorry they can be annoying.
You wouldn't have the VIN on you at the moment would you?
WP0CB2A83FS130102
Thanks, ***** ***** nothing that concerns me about this car and maintenance costs are really not too extreme to be honest. Yes oil changes will run you about $150, but the quantity and type of oil is where the cost lies and it's o my every 12k miles. Probably the 2 biggest maintenance concerns on these cars when you track them is tires And brakes, but when your not tracking them the brakes are pretty maintenance free until time for a pad change. probably the one thing that catches most new Porsche owners by surprise is the tire life. The tires generally last about 25k miles and run about $1200 a set.
25k is with conservative driving. If your drive it like most expect even less like 15k on them.
I always wanted a Porsche and I am use to the convertible. This car is affordable to me at about $45k. They say the sticker was $77k. I have warranty to November of 2020, or 50k more miles, which I plan to use commuting mostly.
This car is way fast for me. Tires are a concern since I am use to 50K on my Jeep GCL
They say that the boxster is most likely to reach 200k. Think it will make it to 100k miles? Have you seen them run long miles with regular maintenance. Some website I saw said repairs costs average $950 a year? Agree? I have no experience with Porsche and expect to pay more, but not way more.
Yea, if your not used to high performance sports cars then your not familiar with suspension that melts tires like butter :)Your tire wear will be nothing like the jeep
General maintenance will fluctuate. You may need an oil change one year $150, but you may need brake pads and tires the next year at $2000. That would average about $950 but it's relative.I see this cars over 100k all day long, that's not really a concern.The extended warranty will be huge though, it's when you have a non maintenance repair that it gets pricey when you have to access engine components. The extended warranty you prevent those costs from sneaking up on you should something happen
Jake, thanks for your thoughts on this, I am feeling better about it. I don't think I would buy this car without the cpo warranty because I hear you about repairing internals.
No problem at all, if you run into more questions just come back and ask! If not just remember to leave a kind rating is all.Thanks
Thanks again Jake I will. Can I ask for you after I buy and have future questions?
Absolutely

checking back to see if you needed additional assistance? If not please don't forget to leave a kind rating.

Jake
Jake, Automotive Technician
Jake
Jake
Jake, Automotive Technician