Porsche

Porsche repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Feels like its not accelerating like it used to.... feels…

Customer Question
Feels like its not...

Feels like its not accelerating like it used to.... feels like it lost power

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?

Consistant

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Porsche?

1995 968 cab

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 968 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I just did a full tune up on it, new wires, plugs, distributor cap, fuel filter, oil change

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Porsche
9/7/2017
Porsche Mechanic: Jake, Automotive Technician replied 11 months ago
Jake
Jake, Automotive Technician
Hey there, thanks for the question.Did you make these repairs in an attempt to fix the loss of power? Or did they occur after performing the tune up.
to fix the the loss of power
Do you have a durametric? Can you get me the fuel trim readings when warmed up?
no i dont have it
Thanks, ***** ***** engine seem to running rich or bogging?The reason I was most interested in fuel trims readings, is the majority of power loss related issues can be traced back to fuel trims. Those readings and corrections are the easiest way to diagnose what's causing them (I.e MAF, air leak, etc)With no codes and no fuel trims it can be pretty tricky.Does it seem to be more noticeable at high or low RPMS?
at acceleration
could it be the 02 sensor?
Thanks, ***** ***** assumed. Most power loss issues feel like a bogging as you increase load, usually due improper air/fuel metering at the MAF. The A/F o2 sensor (upstream) can cause similar issues as well.
ok, ill check it out
If you need anything else just let me know.Thanks

Just checking to see if you need additional assistance. If so just let me know, if not a kind rating is appreciated.

thanks

i ordered the o2 sensor so ill see if that works.

sounds good, be the cheapest place to start without a scan tool to look at the corrections.