Matt, Engineer - BEng Hons
Experience:  Mechanical Engineer with 20 years experience in the auto industry, 8 yrs in formula 1 engine testing
12772297

2000 Boxster convertible compartment cover only opened on

2000 Boxster convertible compartment cover only opened on one side . I snapped the hinge on the passenger side. Estimate of cost to repair
JA: Are you fixing your Convertible yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No I am not mechanically inclined.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

Hello

probably the most cost effective solution is to either repair your existing cover using fibreglass and a good epoxy glue

and a small independent garage would charge about 1 hours labour

the other end of the spectrum would be a dealer repair where they replace the cover with a new part ( est $1500 in parts and 3 hours labour) or you can use a good used part to replace it which would be about $300 and 2-3 hours labour

if you can tell me your location I can see if there's a Porsche independent in your area