Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

My suspension level adjustment on my 06 cayenne s isn't

Customer Question

my suspension level adjustment on my 06 cayenne s isn't working. the car will adjust by itself but I have no control over it. the switch no longer illuminates
JA: How has the ride been lately? Have you noticed any fluid under the car?
Customer: after driving there is a small puddle behing the driver front tire, figured it was condensation from the ac unit or something. ride quality isn't really any different
JA: Are you fixing your Cayenne yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes, I have the compressor rebuild kit but since im still making air and the car is still adjusting I haven't installed it yet
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: the diff selector side of the same switch panel still illuminated and works, just not shock adjustment or level adjustment
Category: Porsche
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

The puddle is most likely water build up on the ac evaporater and is normal.

As for the level adjustment not being able to be adjusted manually but does adjust automatically this can indicate a fault with the control switch itself for the adjustment.If the switch is faulty it may not be sending a signal to adjust the level properly.I have seen this switch fail in the past before with it needing replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete