Sebastian Vizcarra
Sebastian Vizcarra, Porsche Meister Tech
Experience:  Porsche Factory Certified Master Technician
33251536

My porsche Boxster radio 2003 year. I turn the radio on and

Customer Question

My porsche Boxster radio 2003 year. I turn the radio on and it stays on for 10 seconds (or so) and then shuts off. Each time I turn it on it shuts off automaticaly
JA: Is this an aftermarket stereo, or did it come with the car?
Customer: With Car.
JA: Are you fixing your Boxster yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Well is just started - I was driving it and I turned it on than it shut off and so on. Have not gone anywhere to get it checked it's Sunday and not much open.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No.
Category: Porsche
Expert:  Mechanic01 replied 2 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required.

So next step in this process is to pull radio and check ground and power source when radio dies

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
OK, it's a long weekend here (Eastern Canada) and we have guests so I think I will just leave it until Tuesday. I don't want to interrupt their visit with me trying to get this radio working, won't be using the vehicle for a few days anyway. So, will pick up on conversation early in week.Gary

ok sounds good!