Porsche

Porsche repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My porsche Boxster radio 2003 year. I turn the radio on and…

Customer Question
My porsche Boxster radio...

My porsche Boxster radio 2003 year. I turn the radio on and it stays on for 10 seconds (or so) and then shuts off. Each time I turn it on it shuts off automaticaly

Mechanic's Assistant: Is this an aftermarket stereo, or did it come with the car?

With Car.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Boxster yourself? What have you tried so far?

Well is just started - I was driving it and I turned it on than it shut off and so on. Have not gone anywhere to get it checked it's Sunday and not much open.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Porsche
8/6/2017
Porsche Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 8 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required.

So next step in this process is to pull radio and check ground and power source when radio dies

OK, it's a long weekend here (Eastern Canada) and we have guests so I think I will just leave it until Tuesday. I don't want to interrupt their visit with me trying to get this radio working, won't be using the vehicle for a few days anyway. So, will pick up on conversation early in week.Gary

ok sounds good!

Sebastian Vizcarra
Sebastian Vizcarra
Sebastian Vizcarra, Porsche Meister Tech