Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

Installed a new MAF, now car wont ldle, 2000 boxster s, just

Customer Question

installed a new MAF, now car wont ldle
JA: What is the model/year of your Porsche?
Customer: 2000 boxster s
JA: Are you fixing your Boxster yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: just changed the MAF as check engine light would come on after awhile. I would clear the code by disconnecting the battery. checked the code while ago, t was for maf
JA: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?
Customer: it would stay on
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Porsche
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Make sure the sensor was plugged in properly and that no air hose leaks or air intake leaks are found as this can cause this fault here.If this is checked and found to be o.k. it is very possible that this fault is with the new mass air flow sensor itself as it can be faulty out of the box with it needing replaced again under parts warranty at no cost to you from the facility you purchased it from.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete