Porsche

Porsche repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

The blower fan when starting sometimes comes on and

Customer Question
The blower fan when...

The blower fan when starting sometimes comes on and sometimes it doesn't come on. 1998 boxster 27000 miles

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

No I have not. Should i do that first. my mechanic here wants me to install a new blower and a new reseter

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Boxster yourself? What have you tried so far?

I an not fixing it myself. Anything I should look at in addition to the battery. The blower does not cut out during driving. It just sometimes does not come on after starting

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Porsche
Answered in 1 minute by:
7/31/2017
Porsche Mechanic: Steve, Automotive Expert replied 11 months ago
Steve
Steve, Automotive Expert
What is the year and model of our car?
It is in the text of the first question 1998 boxster with 27000 miles. usage about 2000 miles per year,
This is the BMW category which is why I was checking
Ok Steve I was under the impression that it would cost me $5.00 to get a questioned answered about the blower problem. I can appreciate that $5.00 is too low. So how much is this going to cost me to find out whether or not the blower and resetter need to be replaced.
I have outlined the problem. can the mechanic advise me what the problem is, how to resolve it or should I take to a local mechanic. Please advise.
Am I going to receive a answer? Please advise. Bernard

replacing the blower and resistor will correct the problem. I would recommend having this done by a specialist shop.

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle...

Did you have additional questions?
Lets understand. I am not paying you any more than $5.00 which is what I agreed to, You answered one question which was take it to a garage and get the blower fan replaced. You offered to have a "Expert" call me for $26.00 more which I agreed to. Problem is you sent me a e-mail and advised that your "Expert" was not available which he never called. My bank suspended the use of my Cerdit Card and notified me that you charged me an extra $30.00 and then tried yo charge me another $26.00, Guess what I don't trust you and I am not doing business with you again. BernardM cCall