Porsche

Porsche repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I was given a quote of 2,350 (parts and labor) to replace…

I was given a...

I was given a quote of 2,350 (parts and labor) to replace "leaking rear shocks on my 2005 Boxster- this seemed very highly priced and wanted to see if it is reasonable

Mechanic's Assistant: How old are the hoses? And what driving conditions do you most often encounter?

Car has 45k miles - not driven a lot - not raed or anything- it is a weekend summer car

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Boxster yourself? What have you tried so far?

No- the quote i got was from a dealer

Answered in 1 minute by:
7/25/2017
eauto
eauto, the car guy

Hi . Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer.
how does it ride and handle? are they leaking or seaping?

I was told they are leaking

seems steep does it bounce in the rear or handle normal? sometime a shop will call seapage leakage as a scare tactic..if you bounce the rear suspension does it seem firm or very bouncey?

Firm

i would get a second opinion...its likley minor seapage if the rear suspension is firm and its a weekend car i would personally wait unit they are failed...

eauto
eauto, the car guy
ok. thanks
eauto
eauto
eauto, the car guy