Jake
Jake, Automotive Technician
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.
20440119

2000 porshe boxster alarm box took water at car wash not

Customer Question

2000 porshe boxster alarm box took water at car wash not register immobilize code removed seat to dry it out,removed alarm box and cleaned and dried out
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact code? And have you tried to reset it?
Customer: have not searched for code yet , and no have not attempted to reset yet
JA: Are you fixing your Boxster yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes, its my personel vehicle
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: have not tried re-install on alarm box yet brought it inside to clean and dry,what procedure do I need to follow after re-install
Category: Porsche
Expert:  Jake replied 1 year ago.
Reinstalling the alarm box is straight forward and requires no programming. Just make sure the 15a fuse behind the box isn't corroded or blown, additionally make sure no cabin fuses are blown.
You will know fairly quickly if it's damaged or not, if you install it and the door/hood locks don't work and the car won't start then it's toast. You can send it out for repair or order a new module from sunset porsche, BUT the new unit has to be programmed and requires IPAS code and key registration.Be sure to clear the drains to prevent this from happening again as soon as it rains. This is caused by a clogged drain.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Reinstalled box all door locks, hood, trunk key fob , and windows everything works but still in the immobilize state
Expert:  Jake replied 1 year ago.
Using the FOB or turning the registered key to START position should UNARM the immobiliser.
Expert:  Jake replied 1 year ago.
There is no special function after installing the same part. You can perform a "handover" function on a durametric to rest the module, but no programming is required.Please check the connector pins for corrosion since it got wet.Otherwise the module may be damaged.
Expert:  Jake replied 1 year ago.

I just wanted to check and see if you still needed assistance on this? if so feel free to ask all you need, otherwise just please remember to leave a kind rating is all.