Porsche

Porsche repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2000 porshe boxster alarm box took water at car wash not…

Customer Question
2000 porshe boxster alarm...

2000 porshe boxster alarm box took water at car wash not register immobilize code removed seat to dry it out,removed alarm box and cleaned and dried out

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact code? And have you tried to reset it?

Have not searched for code yet , and no have not attempted to reset yet

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Boxster yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, its my personel vehicle

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Have not tried re-install on alarm box yet brought it inside to clean and dry,what procedure do I need to follow after re-install

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Porsche
7/2/2017
Porsche Mechanic: Jake, Automotive Technician replied 1 year ago
Jake
Jake, Automotive Technician
Reinstalling the alarm box is straight forward and requires no programming. Just make sure the 15a fuse behind the box isn't corroded or blown, additionally make sure no cabin fuses are blown.
You will know fairly quickly if it's damaged or not, if you install it and the door/hood locks don't work and the car won't start then it's toast. You can send it out for repair or order a new module from sunset porsche, BUT the new unit has to be programmed and requires IPAS code and key registration.Be sure to clear the drains to prevent this from happening again as soon as it rains. This is caused by a clogged drain.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Reinstalled box all door locks, hood, trunk key fob , and windows everything works but still in the immobilize state
Using the FOB or turning the registered key to START position should UNARM the immobiliser.
There is no special function after installing the same part. You can perform a "handover" function on a durametric to rest the module, but no programming is required.Please check the connector pins for corrosion since it got wet.Otherwise the module may be damaged.

I just wanted to check and see if you still needed assistance on this? if so feel free to ask all you need, otherwise just please remember to leave a kind rating is all.