Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

Have 99 boxer won't crank lights burn radio plays dome light

Customer Question

Have 99 boxer won't crank lights burn radio plays dome light and door lights won't burn remote key doesn't lock Mech said the alarm went off now won't crank also problem #2 top doesn't go down car only has 60k miles
JA: Have you checked the vehicle's manual for this?
Customer: In trunk and won't open
JA: What is the model of your '99 Porsche?
Customer: Boxer not a S
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Mech working on it he checked the fuse box on left firewall
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Dome light and door light won't burn do you think it is disabled by alarm
Category: Porsche
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

I dont see how the alarm would have caused issues with the dome lights here.This sounds to be more of an electrical fault causing all of these issues with a loss or power or ground possibly.

What needs to be done here is to have the fault codes read out/checked using a fully compatible scan tool that will plug in and can communicate with all computers to see what codes are set.Once this is done any codes set in any of the computers will help to diagnose and locate this fault here.

This may be a component like a body computer at fault here needing replaced to resolve this issue.But this may also be an issue with a component like a relay that has failed so having the codes checked/read out will help to diagnose and pinpoint the issue here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete