Porsche

Porsche Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Porsche

I have the same problem posted .2013 Porsche Cayenne has no

Customer Question
hi JA: Hi. How can we...
hi
JA: Hi. How can we be of help?
Customer: I have the same problem posted .2013 Porsche Cayenne has no electric power after collision and driver airbag deployed.
JA: Just to clarify, how fast were you going and what did you hit?
Customer: a deer
JA: Are you fixing your Cayenne yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Check all the fuses and electrical connections
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Porsche
5/11/2017
Porsche Mechanic: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 6 months ago
Gunvir Singh

Hello, do the dash or security lights come on?

I have no power
I need to know where is the power off switch
Porsche Mechanic: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 6 months ago

When airbags deploy couple of fuses are blown. Have you checked the fuses?

I check all the fuses and all are good. I read online about a power device to cut the power when the airbag deployed. Something under the driver seat next to the battery. I can't move the seat to have access to the battery.
Porsche Mechanic: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 6 months ago

If vehicle is equipped with pyrotechnic battery disconnect, which can sever battery connections in a crash. In this case the seat will have to be removed to gainaccess to the battery terminals.

Porsche Mechanic: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 6 months ago

The manufature did not provide any procedure to get to the battery in this case. I found a similar forum that shows the seat removal on a similar vehicle. I have added the link to it. https://rennlist.com/forums/cayenne-diy/850528-cayenne-958-battery-compartment-access.html

Porsche Mechanic: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 6 months ago

Do you have any other questions?

Not having power I can't move the seat to have access to the bolts. The pyrotechnic battery disconnect need to be replaced with a new one or just be repaired ?
Porsche Mechanic: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 6 months ago

It will need to be replaced.

Do you have the parts number for pyrotechnic battery disconnect and more details how can be replaced ?
Porsche Mechanic: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 6 months ago

I'm sorry but that info is dealer available by vehicle's vin only, not available to me.

Porsche Mechanic: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 6 months ago

Please read this:

Understand it's not one answer and done. We can communicate back and forth many times.

1. I am an independent auto mechanic and do not work at or for Just Answer.

2. When you're pleased or happy with my assistance or efforts to help you, at the top of the screen please rate me .

3. I only get credit for my work from your question value deposit when you rate me on this screen. Rating does not close the post and you're more than welcome to follow up.

Thanks for using Just Answer

I found under the driver seat an switch that is can be moved but still has no power. The pyrotechnic battery switch has the same pugs like the airbag has ? I can see an airbag plug in the top of the battery.
Porsche Mechanic: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 6 months ago

Its not a switch, it is the actual battery cables.

Gunvir Singh
Gunvir Singh
Gunvir Singh