Lou P.
Lou P., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  I Have knowledge in almost all car lines and can help with general questions and more!!!!!
27644750

I have a 2005 cayenne s when I start car "system fault

Customer Question

I have a 2005 cayenne s when I start car "system fault workshop" and "oil pressure too low" messages appear. Also the radio and wipers don't turn on and most gauges on instrument cluster don't work. Otherwise seems to run good. Any ideas?
Category: Porsche
Expert:  Lou P. replied 5 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** and i will do my best to assist you.I am going over your story now and will reply back soon with some info,thanks!

Expert:  Lou P. replied 5 months ago.

Jason it seems as your Cayenne has an issue with the CAN communication system, that is like the cars internal internet. every module in the car communicates on this data bus system and when there is a failure you will notice multiple issues like you have here. you need a porsche style scan tool, that will be the best bet to get the codes to see what the issue is, sometimes it can be as easy as a loose connection other times it is a failed module on the data bus that killed communication with the other modules. a PIWIS tester is what is really needed as most other scan tools cannot access the codings and modules that is needed to properly diagnose the issue, your best bet is to either find a bosch authorized service center or just have the dealers read the codes and print them out and give you an estimate for diagnosis. that will be the best bet. issues like this are impossible to diagnose without a scan tool. hope this sheds light on the issue, please let me know how else I can be of help to you, i will do what i can to help. Please take a second and click the stars at the top of the screen to rate me so i may receive my credit , 5 stars is ideal , please request me in the future.
Keep in mind then when you rate it does not end our conversation. you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed, Lou P.