Porsche

Porsche Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Porsche

My 1999 porsche boxster has a dead or disconnected battery,

consequently I cannot open the...
My 1999 porsche boxster has a dead or disconnected battery, consequently I cannot open the hood or trunk with the latches by driver side door Please, can u advise me of a solution for this problem. Thank you kindly, Silas Saunders.(###) ###-####***@******.***
JA: Did you test the battery with a voltmeter? And have you ever changed one before?
Customer: Cannot get to battery, because I can't open trunk.
JA: Are you fixing your Boxster yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Tried using c3 fuse method with no result.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thank you.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/16/2017
Amedee
Amedee, Former ASE Master Tech

Hello and welcome!

My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question.

I will try my best to answer all of your questions.

However, before we get started, please let me mention a few things.

1. If at any point you would like to speak on the phone, please feel free to request a phone call on your end and I can call you right away.

2. If you dont understand any technical terms or anything that I mention (component tests or theory or operation), please let me know and I will provide you with a more in debt explanation or answer.

3. Please understand that I am here to help you anyway I can.

Did you still need help?

Are you saying the hood is electronic?

Can I start by getting your VIN?

Thank you!

to both questions. Vin#wpoca2985ws620113

Thank you for the reply!

It says invalid VIN?

I have paid deposit and full fee amt. Pleeease send me an answer. I was guaranteed that I would. Thank you kindly, Silas Saunders

I need your correct VIN do provide you with a complete answer.

I do hope you understand.

Amedee
Amedee, Former ASE Master Tech
Phone call session started

I just tried calling.

I left a message with my contact info.

Amedee
Amedee
Amedee, Former ASE Master Tech