Porsche

Porsche Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Porsche

2010 panamera 4S, I had a message: Chassis system failure,

Customer Question
2010 panamera 4S, I...

2010 panamera 4S, I had a message: Chassis system failure, and the car was high in the back

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Panamera 4S yourself? What have you tried so far?

I am not driving the car on the streets, just in my yard since 2 days another message came: vehicle extremely loe

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Buttons for Sport, Sport plus, and high low not responding, the car is very low, almost 3 inches from the ground, there was check engine codes: PO421, AND PO431 i RESET THE CODES

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you seen this code before? Have you tried a hard reset?

ONE MORE QUESTION, does it have a rear camera? i JUST BOUGHT THE CAR

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Porsche
2/14/2017
Porsche Mechanic: Jake, Automotive Technician replied 1 year ago
Jake
Jake, Automotive Technician
Hey there thanks for the question, the car is stuck in sports+ mode. What Chassis fault code was recorded?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
my mechanic (he is not Porsche mechanic) looked at it and hooked Snap on computer to it and reset the 2 codes P0421 and P0431, there was no code for "Chassis system failure" it appeared on the dash board, and now instead of the message "Chassis system failure" we have a new message "vehicle extremely low"

Thanks, ***** ***** are completely irrelevant to your problem.

You issue is related to the air strut suspension. Depending on the Mode selected and the front/rear leveling sensor readouts the suspension is adjusted accordingly. There has to be an issue with the height leveling sensors or the or air suspension itself.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
the buttons, Sport, Sport +, and up and down do not respond, I push them, and nothing happens, since 2 days when I push them the light come on. My mechanic tested the air suspension compressor, he said it is ok. Do you want me to call you when I am next to the car?

You don't have to call me, the site sends those automated phone call requests. I am on and off the site throughout the days and we can just chat this way.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
what do you want me to tell my mechanic to check? just to let you know I own repair shop, and I bought this car for myself, I am not mechanic, I am civil engineer

It's good that he verified the air suspension pump and strut operation is working. Did he inspect the level sensors on the strut tracking arms? make sure there was no corrosion or damage or anything of that nature? Certain suspension faults will disable the different drive selections that control suspension heights.

but with he suspension stuck on the LOWEST setting it seems like the vacuum pump may be worth looking at as well.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
where is the vacuum pump?
I will tell him to check both, the height sensor and the vacuum pump, and get back to you

should be on the top of the compressor pump on the ones i have seen.

lastly, if one of the release valves is stuck open and one of the struts cannot air up, this will cause a leveling issue itself.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have code C11007
C12019
It looks like calibration code, it keeps coming back
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Another code: U0418 keeps coming back
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
one code: P1583

are those C codes typed correctly? they are generally a 4 digit number?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
they r accurate

Sorry for the delay I am back online for a bit.

The calibration code is an indication that the calibration was incomplete (if your mechanic tried to recalibrate the leveling control unit) or that it's unable to manually calibrate. This could be an internal fault at the compressor itself or the leveling control unit itself. I will be honest, I have seen more AS compressor faults on these cars for active suspension failures than any other by a long shot. Granted they can happen anytime, more people experience them immediately after a cold weather spells in most cases.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
my mechanic said AS compressor is ok
I am asking him to check the vacuum compressor, the release valve, and the leveling height sensor
based on what I told you, what do u think the problem is? what part is having the problem?
Do we need reprograming?
If the leveling sensor or control unit is at fault then calibration will be required. It's also best to reset zero point on the steering angle sensor after an alignment following any suspension part replacement. So keep that in mind if it comes to that point.
Porsche Mechanic: Jake, Automotive Technician replied 11 months ago

Try now to see if it will allow the rating, doesn't seem to have went through.

thanks.

Jake
Jake
Jake, Automotive Technician