Porsche

Porsche repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I just have a Piwis II Version 17.5, 997 targa 4 S year

Customer Question
I just have a...

I just have a Piwis II Version 17.5

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '17 Porsche?

997 targa 4 S year 2007

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Targa yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I need to reset service interval for oil change

Mechanic's Assistant: When was your last oil change?

Yesterday

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Porsche
2/1/2017
Porsche Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 1 year ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

2007 Porsche 911 Carrera 4S (997) F6-3.8L
save-icon.png Save Article

Resetting the service interval

If the engine oil is replaced during maintenance work, the service interval must be reset.

1. Start the PIWIS Tester P 9718 and follow the instructions on the Tester.
2. Select vehicle type, press >>" and start the automatic control unit search.
3. Select the Instrument cluster menu and press >>".
4. Select the Special functions menu and press >>"
5. Select the Reset service interval display menu and press >>".
6. The messages Resetting service interval and Function completed successfully appear on the Tester.
7. Quit the menu, shut down the PIWIS Tester and disconnect it from the vehicle.

Porsche does not provide an alternate method of resetting the Service Indicator

If you PIWIS is not update to date enough to do this, you will either need updated PIWIS or have a dealer reset the light for you. There is no workaround if scan tool is not current enough

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have a Piwis II version 17.5 , I don't have Piwis tester P 9718

Unfortunately there is no way to do it with the PIWIS II version 17.5 - the 9718 is required to reset the light

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I need a refund