Porsche

Porsche Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Porsche

Have a 2005 Cayenne Turbo. Get a squeaking and clanking

Customer Question
Have a 2005 Cayenne...

Have a 2005 Cayenne Turbo. Get a squeaking and clanking noise under the hood passenger side. Goes away 90% after engine warms up. Just replaced control arms and sway bar bushings. My next attempt will be replace the engine torque damper. Any thoughts?

Mechanic's Assistant: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?

Clanking since the summer. Squeaking for a few months. Like I said, engine compartment passenger side. Over any bumps.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Cayenne Turbo yourself? What have you tried so far?

No. Control arms and sway bar bushings.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That's all I got.

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Porsche
1/25/2017
Porsche Mechanic: Jake, Automotive Technician replied 1 year ago
Jake
Jake, Automotive Technician
Hey there thanks for the question. My name is Jake.90% of the time these noises would come from the control arm/knuckle bushings or the sway bar end links / bushings.
I'm not 100% sure whether or not you already changed them all, but from your response you may have.Additionally, the strut mounts can be an issue as well.Let me know please.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have changed the sway bars and control arms, not the strut mounts so I'll try those next. Any chance it's an issue with the air suspension?

well, there is always the possibility it's an issue with the air strut itself making the noise, but that's usually diagnosed by ruling out the other common components.

Wouldn't hurt to check the sub-frame mount to make sure its not ate up, while your down there, but the strut is a last resort when it's simply just a noise issue and not actual strut performance.

Jake
Jake
Jake, Automotive Technician