Sebastian Vizcarra
Sebastian Vizcarra, Porsche Meister Tech
Experience:  Porsche Factory Certified Master Technician
33251536

It hasn't been used for a while and it won't start, Yes the

Customer Question

It hasn't been used for a while and it won't start
JA: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?
Customer: Yes the battery is fine it's it's turning over it's cranking over but won't fire
JA: What is the model/year of your Porsche?
Customer: It's a(###) ###-####Carrera s
JA: Are you fixing your Carrera yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I wanted to try because last time I used it it was working after letting it sit for a while and trying to start it it just won't fire
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No I don't think so
Category: Porsche
Expert:  Todd M replied 9 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be attempting to help you today. Have you checked to see if the vehicle was getting fuel or fire? Have you checked the fuses? How long was the vehicle sitting?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
It has been 12 months since last run I started every year for rego it seems to not be getting fuel and no firing at all
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
If I click the call me button are you sure that you can help and start the car
Expert:  Todd M replied 9 months ago.

I would first test all your fuses. This could be an issue. With a vehicle sitting up so long, it develops corrosion which in turn creates resistance that may blow fuses upon initial connection to power.

Expert:  Todd M replied 9 months ago.

I will do my best to help you.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I would like the live phone call but it would take me about half an hour to add funds to my account as it's prepaid MasterCard and I don't have enough funds to cover and will that be there only extra charge $37
Expert:  Todd M replied 9 months ago.

If your fuses are not blown, I would check all pigtails and connectors to make sure they are secure and are all get power.

Expert:  Todd M replied 9 months ago.

I will be here.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
While I go add funds to my account should I go get a multimeter to test connections and is the only amount going to be $37
Expert:  Todd M replied 9 months ago.

You should get a multimeter. This is the most accurate way of testing electrical systems. I'm not sure of fees, I do not handle billing.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
OK I will go add funds and get my multimeter and then click to call me button
Expert:  Todd M replied 9 months ago.

No problem.

Expert:  Todd M replied 9 months ago.

The fuel pump relay (DME relay, position R53), is located on the central electrics panel in the luggage compartment.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I couldn't find my multimeter so do you think we can start it without that or shall we continue this conversation tomorrow and I'll cook for you to call tomorrow
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Sorry that was supposed to be and I'll click for you to call tomorrow
Expert:  Todd M replied 9 months ago.

No, problem. That would be okay. I'm here for you. Talk to you later.