sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

I have a 1985.5 944, that has some type of electrical issue.

Customer Question

I have a 1985.5 944, that has some type of electrical issue. Everything will be working fine, then there a problem with the windows, the blower, for ac, mirrors don't work, no wipers and then they will start working again. But it might be the next time i drive it.
JA: Have you checked the fuses? Do you know if there is power to the wiper motor?
Customer: Yes
JA: Are you fixing your 944 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Fixing myself, I have checked fuses, relays and some of the wiring
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just got a new battery
Category: Porsche
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 10 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

It will take some testing at the time the problem is happening to determine exactly what is going on but it appears you have a bad ignition switch. The items you mentioned receive an ignition switched power feed and if they're all being lost at once it usually indicates loss of power from the ignition switch. A bad ignition switch commonly caused loss of the combination of items you mentioned.