Porsche

Porsche Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Porsche

I have a 2003 Porsche 911 - The car wouldn't start and the

Customer Question
I have a 2003 Porsche...
I have a 2003 Porsche 911 - The car wouldn't start and the ignition switch was replaced - supposedly they replaced the electrical and mechanical parts of the ignition switch… and now the door locks are going crazy .... locking and unlocking rapidly constantly while driving and even sitting still in the driveway. There is also sometimes a buzzing noise in the compartment behind the gas cap... maybe related? The timing suggests it is something they did… Any suggestions?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Porsche
10/19/2016
Porsche Mechanic: Amedee, Former ASE Master Tech replied 1 year ago
Amedee
Amedee, Former ASE Master Tech

Hello and welcome!

My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question.

Without looking at the vehicle myself it is hard to say what is going on. I can however, help you through a few basic tests where together we can figure out what is most likley going on. In some case, it may be something incredibly simple. If you would like to go this route, please reply with your VIN so we can get started.

Thank you!

Sebastian Vizcarra
Sebastian Vizcarra
Sebastian Vizcarra, Porsche Meister Tech