Porsche

Porsche Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Porsche

Have a 07 Boxster this morning had storm loud thunder alarm

Customer Question
goes off Windows on car...
Have a 07 Boxster this morning had storm loud thunder alarm goes off Windows on car roll 1/2 down, spoiler popped up, back lights and brake lights on. Had to unhook battery to get Windows to them back working. Need help with the other conditions.
JA: Have you checked the brake fluid? How's the level and when was it last changed?
Customer: Yes
JA: What year is your Boxster?
Customer: 2007
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Would like to
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Also not able to open the rear trunk
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Porsche
7/28/2016
Porsche Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 1 year ago
Pete, Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If the lightning was close enough it may have damaged electrical control units on your model here.I have seen this occur before in some cases with the affected control modules needing replaced.

What will need to be done here first is to have the fault codes read out/checked with a fully compatible scan tool to see what codes are set.Once this has been done any codes set need diagnosed to locate and repair this issue here.I suspect one or more of the electrical ecu's shorted out causing this fault here or that codes need cleared out with a compatible scan tool to correct this fault.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,a rating of 4 or 5 is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Pete, Technician