Porsche

Porsche Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Porsche

Are Newer Porsches having throttle body issues

Customer Question
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Porsche
6/7/2016
Porsche Mechanic: porscheguru, Porsche technician replied 1 year ago
porscheguru
porscheguru, Porsche technician

They can get carbon buildup but not a problem that has been seen on many cars. Is the dealer stating you have a carbon issue on your 911? There are carbon issues associated with the DFI (Direct Fuel Injection) because the intake valves are not getting a good cleaning as the pre DFI (port injection) cars did.

Did you go in for service and they tried or did sell you a fuelinjection system cleaning/service?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The dealer said there was carbon build up and possible electrical issues with the system. They replaced the throttle body, under warranty, and the car is functioning normally now. The car only has 27,000 mile on it and I am wondering if this is going to be an ongoing problem?

I think you will be OK. I worked for a dealer for almost 30 years. The dealer can be proactive with the warranty system and replace parts that would be difficult to have the customer pay for. If it was carboned, it could easily be cleaned and not be replaced. In the future, if the dealer offers you a fuel system srvice that includes the throttle body cleaning, accept the offer. Should be $200 or less depending on where you live. I would also only use fuelfrom the big store that go through alot of fuel and the tanks do not have time to get contaminated.

From a big gas station that has alot of pumps and goes through alot of fuel.

Sebastian Vizcarra
Sebastian Vizcarra
Sebastian Vizcarra, Porsche Meister Tech