Porsche

Porsche Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Porsche

I own a 2007 Porsche 911 Carrera. I love how the steering is

Customer Question
I own a 2007 Porsche...
I own a 2007 Porsche 911 Carrera. I love how the steering is tight and sporty. I also love how the car hugs the road at high speeds. It has 27,000 miles. Recently, it felt as it was pulling right, and I needed to turn the steering wheel just a bit left when traveling straight. I had the tires replaced, front wheel alignment, left inner tied rod end and boot were replaced, and new front brake pads and rotors. The alignment is good now. But, when I received the car back the steering was not as tight as before and the car seems to float a little when accelerating to high speeds. The original Tires were Continental. The replacement tires were the newer version of the original Continentals. How do I go about getting the steering adjusted to get that tight sporty feel. How do I get the car to hug the road better.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Porsche
5/29/2016
Porsche Mechanic: Matt, Engineer - BEng Hons replied 1 year ago
Matt, Engineer - BEng Hons

Hello

1 thing to check is the rear alignment as well as the front as this has a strong effect on how the car drives and its best to have all 4 wheels done at the same time

also check the tyre pressures are a couple of psi off from maximum - as if its just you in the car most of the time then you'll benefit from running a few psi off

its also well worth investing in an accurate tyre pressure gauge as too many are wildy out

Hi

do you still need help?

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning andthis is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash issplit between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on thisquestion if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you

Matt, Engineer - BEng Hons