Porsche

Porsche Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Porsche

Porsche 911: the front lid will not open when applying power

Customer Question
the front lid will not...
the front lid will not open when applying power to the fuse box terminal of the Porsche 911.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Porsche
Answered in 1 day by:
5/15/2016
Porsche Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 1 year ago
Pete, Technician
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.I see no one has posted any help with this here.In some cases this can be due to the info you may be looking for may be difficult to obtain or the correct person that can help may not be online. This may be due to an internal electrical fault with the lid latch itself.I have seen some of these latches fail/act up in the past before needing replaced for issues like this here.I would have this tested further to see if for sure this is the cause here and if found to be at fault the latch will need replaced. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete
Pete, Technician