rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

I have an 1987 944. No start. I get tach bounce when

Customer Question

I have an 1987 944. No start. I get tach bounce when cranking. Checked speed and ref sensors-900 ohms at both. I also tried the 3 wire trik at the DME relay. Still no start. Any suggestions? Maybe the coil?
Category: Porsche
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in this business since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident
we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill
level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to
get to satisfactory results. Please be patient!
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.
Check for a good spark at the plugs first. The coil could be the issue too seeing that it gets it's tach signal from the negative side.

Thanks, Ron