Porsche

Porsche repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2000 996 car4 cab and the drivers seat has stopped…

Customer Question
I have a 2000 996...
I have a 2000 996 car4 cab and the drivers seat has stopped working after the battery went dead. None of the controls move the seat so I can't get to the rear two bolts to remove the seat. The passenger side seat works fine.
There is no manual winder on my seat. Can you please tell me how I can get the driver's seat out?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Porsche
2/15/2016
Porsche Mechanic: Jake, Automotive Technician replied 2 years ago
Jake
Jake, Automotive Technician

There is a seperate 30a fuse in the footwell for EACH SEAT.

E3 and E4 if I remember correctly.

Better check the fuses first, before you do alot of work for nothing.

Both E3 and E4 are good, not blown. E2 (7.5 amp) is good too. How can I get the seat removed?

Since no seat features are working, you will have to manually adjust the seat in the meantime to get it forward. To do so you will have to release the seat gear/cable to manually work it forward since the motor will not operate.

Jake the seat forward and back operates via a shaft. there is no cable and no way to access the shaft. There is a computer in the way, it's attached to the bottom of the seat. Can you tell me how to remove that computer without turning the seat over?

I apologize, was slammed yesterday and never got a chance to get online.

for the shaft drive with the gear on the end for the motors you wont be able to manually turn the shaft with pliers to work the seat back. You can unbolt the motor to manually turn the shaft with pliers assuming the jam isn't in the track itself.

I don't have any "easy tricks" in this situation.

If your referring to the seat memory control box at the front for the seat it should have two bolts securing it. Then there is a bunch of connectors plugged into it, like somewhere around 5-7 of them.