Porsche

Porsche repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My name is ***** ***** and my issue is the same as reported…

Customer Question
My name is *****...

My name is ***** ***** and my issue is the same as reported here "Boxster: Trouble starting"

Mechanic's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Sure. I last drove my '00 boxster S in July when it blew a coolant hose. I was near my driveway and parked the car. In December I replaced the waterpump and all the coolant hoses. At the same time I replaced the electric changeover valve on the Secondary Air Injection (I had a check engine light for SAI. My blower runs fine and I tested the mechanical changeover valve) got it all put together and car won't start. Lights up fine, top and windows work. Just when you turn the key to "start" it gets nothing I checked fuse E1 (several times). I replaced the electrical portion of the ignition switch I replaced the relays in the left rear corner for starter, ECU and fuel pump I tested for 12 volts from fuse E1 to ground (checks good). I tested for resistance from pin 16 on the immobilizer to pin 86S on the ignition switch. checks good I tested for resistance on the W lead from the ECU (plug 1, pin 3) to pin 23 on the immobilizer plug all good my battery was nearly new when this started. It charges and holds voltage fine I replaced the battery in my key fob

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Porsche
2/2/2016
Porsche Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 2 years ago
Pete, Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Double check the area that the work was performed in and make sure that nothing electrical was bumped loose or damaged in any way causing this fault here.If found to be damaged or anything bumped loose this will need to be corrected to resolve this issue here.If this was already checked and found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete