Porsche

Porsche Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Porsche

2005 Porsche Cayenne Turbo w/ Cold Air, Primary and

Customer Question
Secondary Cat Delete, EVOMSit ECU...
2005 Porsche Cayenne Turbo w/ Cold Air, Primary and Secondary Cat Delete, EVOMSit ECU Tune, EVOMS Diverter Valves.
Car drove really good and strong with above modes. Just a couple of days in started hesitating between 3000-4500 rpm as if the traction control was kicking in engine misfire. After 4500 runs very strong to red line. Scan for Fault Codes and found None. Almost feels like a slipping clutch or something but this is a Tiptronic and No Tranny codes found either. Any Ideas?
Thanks,
Ralph
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Porsche
Answered in 1 day by:
1/17/2016
Porsche Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 1 year ago
Pete, Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

I have seen in some cases on some models if there is a fault with the mass air flow sensor this can cause this type of feel or running condition and needed removed and cleaned or removed and replaced to correct this type of fault here.If this has not been checked into to see if this is the cause here this needs done.If this was already checked into and found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hi Pete,
Thanks for your help. I'll pull them out and try to clean them first an see if it changes anything. Also, a bit for observation from last weekends drive. It seems that RPM is that what triggers the hesitation but boost pressure. I observed that anything below .6 bar regardless of RPM seems to be Ok. When the needle start hitting g close to .8 and up (Stock Gauge on the Cluster). Is it possible that the Diverter Valves could be causing this as well?
Thanks,Ralph

This is possible that the diverter valves are causing this here.If these are after market I would have these checked/tested to see if this is the cause here.You might have the turbo checked for any leaks in the boost system as this can cause this as well in some cases.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here.

Thanks Pete

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hi Pete,
I replaced both MAF's this afternoon but same problem persist. I did notice that the driver side Turbo hose (between Turbo and MAF) had some traces of oil while the other was completely dry. Could that be a indication of a leaking Turbo or bad Diverter Valve? Shouldn't it throw a Fault Code though?Thanks,
Ralph

The traces of engine oil can indicate engine blow by with engine oil ring failure blowing engine oil into the intake or an issue with the turbo itself.In some cases this can set a fault code but with blow by I have seen where no codes can set in some cases as well.it is difficult to pinpoint the exact fault from here without seeing and testing the vehicle so this will need to be checked into/tested further to pinpoint and repair the cause here.I am really leaning on the diverter valve fault here since they were replaced with modified components.

Thanks Pete

Pete, Technician