Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master certified, 30 years experience. Auto troubleshooting, electrical , ABS, SRS, EFI system
2947720

Can a backfire be fuel related (i put in an entire can of

Customer Question

can a backfire be fuel related (i put in an entire can of seafoam into my freashly tuned 1991 porsche 964 with only 1/4tank of fuel)
Category: Porsche
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for using the site. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you today.

.

Let me start by saying that any money that you paid, or if you have a subscription, that money stays in your account until the answers are rated, (positive) regardless of how fast or how long it may take to get finished. You can FOLLOW UP AT ANYTIME, even after rating.

.

Yes it sure can.

You will want to check the fuel pressure to see if it is too low. Also that the filter is not restricting the flow of fuel.

..

.

.

If they are both ok, pressure and flow then you will want to take a sample of the fuel to be sure that it’s not contaminated.

.

Please don’t forget to rate the answer, **** THAT IS THE ONLY WAY I GET PAID **** if you need any more on it, I will be here.

.