Porsche

Porsche Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Porsche

My997 turbo which has been on a battery charger months now

Customer Question
Customer: dave, my997 turbo which...
Customer: dave, my997 turbo which has been on a battery charger for two months now is not ready for emissions testing with two faults. What is the drive cycle to reset?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: the battery was not diconnected and the car started right up so the battery was not dead. I drove it around to get it warmed up but he codeds still say not ready
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Porsche Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Porsche
It's been several hours, still waiting for answer
12/1/2015
Porsche Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If you can give me the year of your Porsche I can send you the drive cycle steps. Post back when you can and we can work from there.

Ron, it's a 2007 911 turbo. Thanks

Im sorry, I have looked at all my resources and I can not find a written drive cycle steps, I will open the question back up for you and hopefully someone else may have them for you.

Porsche Mechanic: eauto, the car guy replied 2 years ago
eauto
eauto, the car guy

Do not exceed 60 mph or go over 3k rpm.
A complete driving cycle should perform diagnostics on all systems. A complete driving cycle can be done in under fifteen minutes.

To perform an OBDII Driving cycle do the following:

Cold Start. In order to be classified as a cold start the engine coolant temperature must be below 50°C (122°F) and within 6°C (11°F) of the ambient air temperature at startup. Do not leave the key on prior to the cold start or the heated oxygen sensor diagnostic may not run.
Idle. The engine must be run for two and a half minutes with the air conditioner on and rear defroster on. The more electrical load you can apply the better. This will test the O2 heater, Passive Air, Purge "No Flow", Misfire and if closed loop is achieved, Fuel Trim.
Accelerate. Turn off the air conditioner and all the other loads and apply half throttle until 88km/hr (55mph) is reached. During this time the Misfire, Fuel Trim, and Purge Flow diagnostics will be performed.
Hold Steady Speed. Hold a steady speed of 88km/hr (55mph) for 3 minutes. During this time the O2 response, air Intrusive, EGR, Purge, Misfire, and Fuel Trim diagnostics will be performed.
Decelerate. Let off the accelerator pedal. Do not shift, touch the brake or clutch. It is important to let the vehicle coast along gradually slowing down to 32km/hr (20 mph). During this time the EGR, Purge and Fuel Trim diagnostics will be performed.
Accelerate. Accelerate at 3/4 throttle until 88-96 km/hr (55-60mph). This will perform the same diagnostics as in step 3.
Hold Steady Speed. Hold a steady speed of 88km/hr (55mph) for five minutes. During this time, in addition to the diagnostics performed in step 4, the catalyst monitor diagnostics will be performed. If the catalyst is marginal or the battery has been disconnected, it may take 5 complete driving cycles to determine the state of the catalyst.
Decelerate. This will perform the same diagnostics as in step 5. Again, don't press the clutch or brakes or shift gears.

eauto
eauto
eauto, the car guy