Porsche

Porsche Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Porsche

Please can I have someone send me a photo of where to locate

Customer Question
Hello, please can I have...
Hello, please can I have someone send me a photo of where to locate the selector switch of a 2004 Porsche Cayenne S? As the Mechanic who tells me isn't online at the moment and I just got home decided to check it out just before i go sleep thanks.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Porsche
11/23/2015
Porsche Mechanic: Greg, Technician replied 2 years ago
Greg
Greg, Technician

Hi .

Which selector switch ,

Rgds Greg

Well i diagnosed my Porsche and had these error codes,
P0841 Transmission Fluid Pressure Sensor/Switch "A" Circuit Range/Perfomance
P0846 Transmission Fluid Pressure Sensor/Switch “B" Circuit Range/Perfomance
P0441 Evaporative Emission System, Incorrect Purge FlowI spoke to an expert here who suggested the problem will be with a selector switch and a pressure valve, so please also check if that could be the right thing so i be sure even though i already purchased the items and also i will want a picture of the selector switch that is around the gear box.Regards David

Sorry i don't have enough information on this for me to assist you .

I will have to opt out and see if another expert can help you .

Greg

Porsche Mechanic: Wolfgang, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
Wolfgang
Wolfgang, ASE Certified Technician

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail. Do not rate yet, just reply. Put yourself in my shoes, I can not see, smell, hear, feel or touch your car, nor do I know any history on it. So take into consideration I am doing my best based on what you tell me. Also understand fixing cars often requires sophisticated tools, that you may not own. So even if you can not do what is outlined in my answer, that does not mean my answer is wrong deserving to be rated negative.

i do need you check the connectors at the tail end of the transmission on the passenger side . there have been issues where the wires break really close to the connector due to the hard bend of the wiring in that area . please check that first . please let me know

Hello just got your message are you on here please?

hello i'm on now

Hello i can see you are online, please tell me what the meaning of the following diagnostics error codes are
P0441 Evaporative Emission System, Incorrect Purge Flow

did you check the connectors as i have stated under the transmission right hand side near the tail end for any broken wires at the connector?

I have and everything is fine, couldnt see any broken wires please.

Usually the trans code given is a wiring issue from the tcu to the solenoid valve of the transmission so voltage drop tests are needed. Does the transmission shift funny ? More details the better. Recent repair work? Thanks

the transmission always shifts funny, I only diagnosed it and got the error codes so like i said i want the meaning of the codes i sent you, why avoiding the one question i keep asking, just give me the meaning as a specialist and tell me what parts to get and i will take it from there thanks.

It is not where read the codes and just replace parts on this one. Due to the fact that it's a range performance fault it can be wiring , valve body or even a transmission. Special pressure testers and factory scan tool will be needed to isolate what is the root cause. Sure I can say replace the valve body and harnesses in the trans which will be over 2k. I want to trace it out and make it the least cost possible. I hope you understand.

i do understand, so what do we do now then please?

ok please see additional service

Sebastian Vizcarra
Sebastian Vizcarra
Sebastian Vizcarra, Porsche Meister Tech