Matt, Engineer - BEng Hons
Experience:  Mechanical Engineer with 20 years experience in the auto industry, 8 yrs in formula 1 engine testing
12772297

Are you still a mechanic at porsche?

Customer Question

Hey are you still a mechanic at porsche?
Category: Porsche
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

Hello

I see that you're still awaiting a reply to this question?

if you can tell me more about the issue your're expeirencing I'll try to help

how does the car drive? any hesitation on acceleration , is it shifting gears OK?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Car was driving OK with a ticking noise following a check engine light. I immediately pulled the code which was p0021 cam sensor. I then tried to move it after the reading but it then turned off with a PSM failure indicator after only being on for about two minutes? Nothing about oil pressure or oil level prior to any of that or even after the problem arised. Will the sensor replacing be the fix or am I looking at something that will be a nightmare?
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

Hello

the ticking noise makes me think its worth checking the state of the cam trigger wheel - if you remove the cam sensor and use a small torch to peer into the socket and check the condition of the wheel for damage and signs of metal to sensor contact, you will need to turn the engine over by hand 2 turns to fully examine the wheel

if that all looks the well then replace the sensor and check over the sensor wiring for any damage

Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

Hi

do you still need help?

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. so if my answers have been helpful please rate my answer.