Sebastian Vizcarra
Sebastian Vizcarra, Porsche Meister Tech
Experience:  Porsche Factory Certified Master Technician
33251536

Cayenne S 2009 error fault 1) code p000a, "a camshaft

Customer Question

Cayenne S 2009 error fault
1) code p000a,
"a camshaft position slow response Bank 1, implausible signal"
It runs well, but can't get smog test to pass because of this code error. Any idea on what this is? IF it relates to a sensor, which one is it, where is it located?
2) Code p2181
"Cooling system performance, implausible signal"
-Does it relate to engine coolant temperature sensor or the thermostat?
Thank you!
Category: Porsche
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.

Hi I'm Wolfgang. I do need some more info. I do need a vin # ***** pull up factory information to assist in your issue. Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
WP1AB29P19LA42813 Thanks
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.

Awesome. Now was there any recent repairs or service performed? Accidents? Etc....

Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No major repairs, current miles 85k. Oil/10k per car reminder, air filters and brake fluid replaced as scheduled.
-Replaced: ATF, transfer case, and differentials fluids /75k, battery/80k, air-oil separator/70k, spark plugs/50k, fuel pump/20k (by dealer), Head lights low beam x2. While in warranty did not have to take the car for service except for the low tone horn and the fuel bump to be replaced. No visible oil leaks, engine looks clean like new. No cooling system leaks at present time, but did noticed coolant fluid leak at 50k but resolved by it self. Had not add coolant fluid much at all. Suspect need to remove aluminum pipes and replace O-rings, located on top of the engine below air intake. Travelled recently 1200 mls and did not have to add any coolant fluid nor do I regularly add at all; level maintained same at max level. According to instrument panel eng temp runs at 200 and coolant at temp 180. All things appear to work fine except for these two faults I have. Cayennes S, V8, 2009.
-Accidents: rear bumper; minor. shop replaced towing system and lower pumper parts. Upper bumper part not affected, not painted.
-Additional fault as noted earlier p2181, see second question above.
-Truly appreciate professional help on these faults, thanks, JT
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.

ok . thanks for the extra info. it can be a couple of things that can cause the p000a . first a the bank 1 cam adjuster valve may be restricted causing restriction of oil flow to the camshaft adjuster gear of the engine. a good thing to do is to switch the valves from left to right and see if the code changes from p000a to p000c . that needs to be done to see if it is the valve is the issue. please let me know