Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

I had lost the fob to the 2004 Porsche Cayenne S. Had key

Customer Question

I had lost the fob to the 2004 Porsche Cayenne S. Had key made by locksmith not at Porsche dealer. Went somewhere in car and when I turn key off and removed engine remains running with faculty ignition lock in dash display. Doesn't sound like I could access battery.
Category: Porsche
Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
This can be caused by an electrical fault with the ignition switch itself not turning off fully.If the key was to long or made incorrectly it may have damaged the cylinder or ignition switch as this would be the only thing I see that would cause this after a repair was done like this here.This will need tested/checked further to locate and correct the fault here.
Thanks Pete