Lou P.
Lou P., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  I Have knowledge in almost all car lines and can help with general questions and more!!!!!
27644750

Porsche Cayman S: 2009 cayman S porsche, upon starting develops

Customer Question

2009 cayman S porsche, upon starting develops a low hum noise coming from rear engine compartment on the drivers side. When the accelerator is pressed, the noise increases and escalates. upon backing up and turning the wheel, the noise sounds like low fluids in the engine compartment. The car runs smoothly and no default lights come on. After 5-10 mins of warming up, the noise dissapates and only returns when the engine has rested or cooled
Category: Porsche
Expert:  Lou P. replied 2 years ago.
Hello, the noise is your power steering fluid, you can pop the rear hatch, pull up the carpet and you will see 5 twist knobs to remove the engine upper paneling, and the reservoir is right there at the top. also you can check the pump for leaking if after a week or two the pump makes noise again, the fluid is called pentosin that goes into the power steering and can be bought at napa, its in a can called Chf202 here is a picture and i will also upload the work instructions. hope this helps. Lou
Expert:  Lou P. replied 2 years ago.
here are the instructions to access the pump and top of the engine, hope this helps. Lou.Please take a second and click the box and rate my service GOOD OR EXCELLENT SERVICE if you feel I have been helpful and please request me in the future. If you feel I have not been helpful please DO NOT RATE BAD OR POOR AND WASTE YOUR MONEY , I will opt out to see if another expert can provide more or better assistance so you're not wasting your money!!. Thanks for choosing just answer. Lou. also , if you feel i deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED ! 😉Keep in mind that rating me does not end the chat, it simply credits me for assisting, i will still be here to help if follow up information is needed , Lou.