Porsche

Porsche repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Porsche carerra: 1999 porsche carerra passinger bag light won't…

Customer Question
1999 porsche carerra passinger bag...
1999 porsche carerra passinger bag light won't go out.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Porsche
Answered in 5 days by:
7/22/2015
Porsche Mechanic: nabilc,
 replied 3 years ago
nabilc
Hello and Welcome! I'm Billy and i will assist you with your inquiry. Feel free to ask if any further info is needed.My apologies for the delay, thank you for your patience.Just to confirm: is the "passenger airbag off" light not turning off, even if the passenger seat is occupied?did you ever use a child car seat, with the associated buckle? (as in this case the passenger airbag would be de-activated)
No it does not go off.I did not use a car seat. When na passenger got out it lit up and has stayed on.
Porsche Mechanic: nabilc,
 replied 3 years ago
Hello, Although the sensor or even airbag module might be faulty, the most common problem causing this would be the connector of the occupancy sensor. In which case, the seat would require removal and the connection of the occupancy sensor repaired (tighter contacts).Porsche issued a technical service bulletin on this, which i can attach if needed. The first thing to do in this case, would be connecting a scan tool and retrieving the fault codes from the airbag module, and checking the activation of the passenger side occupancy sensor. Kindly get back to me with your results, or if further assistance is needed. Regards,Billy