nabilc
nabilc,
Experience:  Manager/co-owner at Autotronic
30385560

My 2008 cayenne s more times than not will not start on

Customer Question

my 2008 cayenne s more times than not will not start on first turn of the ignition,sometimes taking between 2 and up say 5 trys before starting,it then runs completely fine until shut off...I have had dealer installed new battery one month ago and the
key programming checked already
Category: Porsche
Expert:  nabilc replied 2 years ago.
Hello and Welcome! I'm Billy and i will assist you with your inquiry. Feel free to ask if any further info is needed.
My apologies for the delay, thank you for your patience.
When you say it will not start, does the starter engage, engine crank and not fire? or you get nothing?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
it will engage formamsecond then stop and jonresponse just like amdead battery but the battery is new...after a few tries it will catch and starter spins as it should and car starts fine
Expert:  nabilc replied 2 years ago.
I would first in this case check the starter itself, as if the starter solenoid is sticking it would cause just that. If the starter solenoid operates perfectly everytime when power is supplied (you would need to get to the starter and get external power supply through a wire from battery).
If the problem persists, then the most likely cause would be the ignition/starter module or switch which will require replacement.
To confirm, i would check if getting poewr supply to the starter solenoid everytime the switch is turned to start position, if getting intermittent power supply from the switch, then the switch requires replacement.
And before replacing the switch, i would have someone check the steering column control unit, as this controls the switch, and will also cause this).
Regards,
Billy