Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

Porsche Cayenne sportS: , îm having ignition key fault msg

Customer Question

Hi, îm having ignition key fault msg and won't start. Checked wires underneath front carpet , other then found a lot of water within the plastic cover, wires seems ok. Trying to go under the seat but both bolts are stucked and rusted. Put a lot of W-40 and hoping it will work. Any suggestion?
Category: Porsche
Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
This sounds like water may have contaminated/damaged electronics in the vehicle.The source of the water leak needs located and repaired and all electronics in the area of the water need inspected for any damaged components needing replaced.
The rusted bolts may need to sit longer with wd 40 or penetrating oil on them.In some cases I have had to use a torch for heat to remove rusted bolts being careful not to set fire to anything.
Thanks Pete