Porsche

Porsche repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Porsche Cayman S: Porsche cayman s 2014 multi functional display…

Customer Question
Porsche cayman s 2014 multi...
Porsche cayman s 2014 multi functional display went dark no power yesterday.
No proplem with the 2 left clusters. Checked the fuses. No joy.
Thanks for any assistance in this matter.
Bill Lashmar
Richmond bc
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Porsche
Had no response yet and its july 1stBill Lashmar***@******.***
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Answered in 5 days by:
7/2/2015
Porsche Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 3 years ago
Pete, Technician
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
My info is limited on your model here but I see no one else has responded and thought I would see if I can help here.
From what you have described here if all other electronics are operating properly and no fuses are found to be blown this can be a fault with the display itself.I have seen displays fail like this before in the past and had to replace it.I would have this tested further to see if this is the cause for sure here on your model with it needing replaced.
Thanks Pete
Hi PeteAppreciate your answer but it was no help for troubleshooting. I am a old airline engineer and expected isolation troubleshooting. Maybe the software needs re booting or re programing. So I am booked in for Porsche dealer on the 23rd the car is under warranty. Changing the unit for troubleshooting is very costly.Best regards
I apologize my info hasn't helped here.If you want I can open your question up for others to see if anyone else can assist more just let me know if this is something you want to do.
Thanks Pete
Just forget about it. I am booked for an appointment at Porsche on the 23rd JulyThanks anyhow.Bill
O.k.,if you need anything else let me know.
Thanks Pete