Matt, Engineer - BEng Hons
Experience:  Mechanical Engineer with 20 years experience in the auto industry, 8 yrs in formula 1 engine testing
12772297

After driving car without any hiccups, I turned it off and

Customer Question

After driving car without any hiccups, I turned it off and 10 minutes later it just turns over without sputtering or starting. What's up? full tank
Category: Porsche
Expert:  Matt replied 2 years ago.
Hello
Assuming that you don't have any check engien lights on and the dash is lighting up as normal then I'd say that this sounds like a lack of fuel and could be a lack of fuel pressure from the electrical pump at the tank.
If the connections to the pump are corroded or damaged then the pump could stop at any time or could not be running at full speed. Check that its relay switches in and out and the relay contacts are clean and bright – replace the relay if in any doubt and do the same for the fuse,
Ideally measure the pressure at the injectors and if this is low check the pump as described and also consider changing the fuel filter as if this partially blocked this too will reduce pressure.
Expert:  Matt replied 2 years ago.
hi
do you still need help?