Porsche

Porsche repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Porsche Cayane: I have a Porsche Cayanne Turbo S Year of…

Customer Question
I have a Porsche Cayanne...
I have a Porsche Cayanne Turbo S
Year of car is 2013
The oil is leaking into the water .
I have been advised by Porsche repairs is has a Cracked Cylinder Head.
I am in Australia . What should a repair like this cost ? Is it a common problem ?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Porsche
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/16/2015
Porsche Mechanic: Jake, Automotive Technician replied 3 years ago
Jake
Jake, Automotive Technician
How many miles on the car?

140 kilometers

Is that 140 kilometers or 140,000 km ?

140,000 kilometers ...

Thanks, ***** ***** the cylinder head is cracked your going to have to replace it. Which is going to be pretty pricey at about $5000 for you.

They have taken out the engine and it is not the cylinder head ... any other ideas what it can be ?

2015-07-05_144548_img_8052.jpg2015-07...jpg2015-07-05_144648_img_8053.jpg2015-07...jpg2015-07-05_144653_img_8053.jpg2015-07...jpg2015-07-05_144655_img_8053.jpg2015-07...jpg
I was under the assumption from your question that they already had confirmed a cracked cylinder head.
What we're all your symptoms.

only symptom was coolant water pouring out the bottom , it just kept leaking out the coolant tank , over heating and oil in the water .

thanks for helping me with this ...

Well the biggest factor here is oil in the coolant. Oil in the coolant is going to be related to the head gasket 95% of the time.
The most common bad coolant leaks we see are the hard lines under the manifold they can split and cause a dramatic leak but will not cause oil to get in the cooling system.
The other common bad leak is the coolant tank itself where the lines connect to it has been known to crack and pour coolant out. This is also not going to cause oil in the coolant though.
So at this point I would have the head checked for any warping and the head gasket for a failure spot.
I have never seen these engines have a block failure or anything of that nature to mix them.
Did they have the head checked for warpage? Any severe stretching on the head bolts?