Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

Porsche Cayenne: 2004 Cayenne Turbo with air suspension and

Customer Question

2004 Cayenne Turbo with air suspension and factory installed hitch. I have installed a Teconsha p3 Installed Brake controller with the red lead on the red black wire on the brake pedal switch as Tekonsha memo says. I have installed the seven pin connector in the box below the back bumper. I believe there is some signal coming out at the female connector plug. However, Try as I may I cannot get the lights etc to work on my Airstream trailer. I think all the wires are there. I think :-) How.
Category: Porsche
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
How will I know this has been answered? I am confused about how I get my answer. My result should be the lights and brake work on the Airstream hooked up to the Cayenne.
Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
My info is limited on your model here but I see no one else has responded and thought I would see if I can help here.
On most European models after the wiring or connections are installed a dealer has to reprogram the computers to allow trailer operation of the lights.On some models I have even seen where the body control computer needs replaced with one to update working the lights and trailer controls.
If you have not checked and had this done this should be done here.Make sure all trailer lighting fuses are installed as well.
Thanks Pete