Porsche

Porsche Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Porsche

Porsche 964: , i got a project body car 964 targa 1991, and

Customer Question
hi, i got a project...
hi, i got a project body car 964 targa 1991, and i had rebuilt the car completely the only thing now confusing me if the DME UNIT FAULTY OR THE CRANKSHAFT POSITION SENSOR is faulty , no spark , and no injector signal no spray , how i can check manually by ohm meter the signal of the CPS how much it suppose to send out ?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Porsche
5/11/2015
Porsche Mechanic: Matt, Engineer - BEng Hons replied 2 years ago
Matt, Engineer - BEng Hons
Hello
the crank sensor should be a 2 wire device that will have a resistance across the pins of about 200-300 ohms
greater than this and it should be replaced
if this doens't help then check that you're getting 12V to the DME relay in the fusebox when the ignition is on
hi
do you still need help?
Matt, Engineer - BEng Hons