Porsche

Porsche repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Porsche 911 Carrera 4S - Cab: 2004 c4s cab - top operates properly…

Customer Question
2004 c4s cab - top...
2004 c4s cab - top operates properly open and close. But when closed the dash light remains on. Preventing rear windows to operate.
If I keep my hand on the "Close Top" switch the latch opens and closes repeatedly.
Best Guess: A switch denoting the top being closed in not engaging.
Functions properly 4 times a year!
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Porsche
10/19/2014
Porsche Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 3 years ago
Pete, Technician
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

From what you have described here this sounds like one of the micro switches is failing to send the correct signal. This can be a common fault. There are several of these switches that can cause an issue like this here, the best thing to do is to have a scan tool connected that can communicate with the roof system to monitor the switch signals to see which one is acting up. This is the one that usually needs replaced. I suspect this is a switch with one of the top latches for the windshield area. Thanks Pete

Pete, Thanks for the response.

Do you happen to know the physical location of the switches in the windshield. Or a document reference as PDF or a manual somewhere I can look it up.

You're welcome. I apologize for the delay.

Here is the location as seen as number four and number three. This should be tested further to ensure that one of these is at fault and which one is at fault needing replaced.

Thanks Pete
I am following up with you to see if you still needed help with your question you had asked.If my help didn't satisfy your question please let me know so we can continue.
Thanks Pete
Thanks Pete

Sorry for the delayed response.

I was on a trip and could not follow the directions.

I will try to open the trims and look at the switches.

Will keep you posted.

Need couple of days.

Thanks, Michael

You're welcome Michael. Let me know you come up with here.

Thanks Pete