Porsche

Porsche Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Porsche

Porsche cayman S: Are the analog numbers and digital numbers

Are the analog numbers and...

Are the analog numbers and digital numbers on the instrument panel both supposed to be bright white when illuminated at night? A few months ago my analog lights turned cream colored! Do you need more information?

7/26/2013
Walt-Mod
Walt-Mod, Moderator

I'm a moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!

I will wait, because I am a hundred percent sure that I am correct with the lighting issue. I need some verification and support to get the Porsche service people to agree. I t is not a money issue. I have an extended warranty not with them. They cover instrument clusters. Please hurry.

nabilc
Hello and welcome! I'm Billy and i will assist you with this.

My apologies for the delay, thank you for your patience.

The light on the cluster covering the digital and analog readings, comes from the bulbs at the back of the instrument cluster.
The bulbs would fade overtime, this would be perfectly normal.
The good news is: replacing the bulbs, will get the bright color back.
The bad news is: the bulbs (event hough within the cluster), are considered wear objects, so are not covered by warranty (the cluster failing is covered, the bulbs fading are not, i'm afraid).

So you are right in your query (however, the warranty would not cover this), and i do hope that Porsche dealer takes care of this for you.

Thank you for your trust! Get back to me if you need more assistance...Thank you in advance for the positive rating...
http://www.justanswer.com/car/expert-billy/

Regards, Billy
nabilc
nabilc
nabilc
nabilc