Pool and Spa

Questions about pool repair? Ask an Expert online.

Our hayward sand pool filter is putting sand into the pool…

Customer Question
Our hayward sand pool...

Our hayward sand pool filter is putting sand into the pool and when I try to backwash it is only clear water.

Contractor's Assistant: Who manufactured the pool?

I do not know.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The pump seems to be running fine, but we shut it off for now.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Pool and Spa
Answered in 1 hour by:
5/30/2018
Pool and Spa Expert: David Bowden, Pool and Spa Certified replied 2 months ago
David Bowden
David Bowden, Pool and Spa Certified

Hello and welcome to Just Answer… My name is ***** ***** allow me a few moments while I do some research, my recommendation will appear shortly.

When sand or debris is going back into the pool it usually is due to cracked or broken lateral line inside the filter. In order to access those plastic lines, the filter needs to be disassembled internally and inspected closely. Any part that is cracked or broken needs to be replaced.

Greetings… Just following up to see if you were still needing some help answering your question?

Thanks,

Dave

Hello... I would very much appreciate if you can take a few moments and reply to this email and let me know if you still require assistance, or should I proceed forward to closing out this question since it has been open for so long.

Thank you,

Dave

I was reviewing my open questions list and noticed this one has not been answered or replied to. Did you still need help with it or should it go back to customer service for proper processing?

Pool and Spa Expert: David Bowden, Pool and Spa Certified replied 1 month ago

Hello, I was reviewing my open questions and noticed this one has not been replied too, however I did respond with an answer back on May 30, 2018 and therefore I am wondering if that has resolved the problem you were experiencing. I would greatly appreciate a reply email, so I can complete this open question, or just let me know if you need further assistance, and I can continue to look for another solution.

Pool and Spa Expert: David Bowden, Pool and Spa Certified replied 29 days ago

I do apologize for these continuing follow-up messages, however since this question remains open and will only close out once the rating portion has been completed by you. Please assist me by taking a few moments to fulfill the rating requirement and this will satisfy the system.

Thank you so much, I sincerely ***** *****

Best,

Dave

Pool and Spa Expert: David Bowden, Pool and Spa Certified replied 1 day ago

Greetings...

I was reviewing my open questions and noticed this one has not been rated yet. If you could take a couple of moments and complete the 5 Star Rating which will close out the question I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

Dave