Pool and Spa

Questions about pool repair? Ask an Expert online.

We replaced the whole filter grid and rubber flap as stated…

Customer Question
We replaced the whole filter...
We replaced the whole filter grid and rubber flap as stated in my original question.
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Pool and Spa
5/29/2018
Pool and Spa Expert: David Bowden, Pool and Spa Certified replied 2 months ago
David Bowden
David Bowden, Pool and Spa Certified

If the DE is going back into the pool you will need to look for a cracked or broken lateral in the filter. DE normally can not go back into the pool unless it can get passed something.

Sorry David Not to be a smart ass, but NS. For the third time, I replaced the filter core and rubber flap last year and still have the problem.

I understand and you are not being a smart **s, you are trying to explain your situation and we will work through this together. What is the filter model number?

Greetings… Just following up to see if you were still needing some help answering your question?

Thanks,

Dave

I explained in the original message that I had replaced the filter (nest) as well as the rubber flap and was still having a problem. The answer seemed to ignore that fact. I have ordered another filter and spring unit which will arrive tomorrow. Thank-you.

Okay thanks for the update, hopefully it will resolve the problem.

DE going back into the pool can be from any number of places within the filter unit. If the seal is faulty, it there is any parts that are cracked, have a hole, poor fit, tear, something broken, etc. it will allow DE to circulate and re-enter the pool. The nice thing is when this happens, you know there is a problem that has to be addressed, and the only way to locate it, is to disassemble the filter and look for it. In my response I was not ignoring your points, I am sure they are valid, I was merely offering additional information that may have been overlooked or not easy to find.

It has been my pleasure assisting you with your question today, however if you need additional service please let me know and we can continue with this posting.

One of the goals here at Just Answer, is to provide each customer with the best experience possible and for the experts to earn a 5 Star Rating based on their responses, recommendations, and professionalism, when answering questions. If I have achieved that goal for this question, please take a few moments to rate my service and select the 5 Stars before logging out.

Enjoy the rest of your day,

Dave